This past week has me wishing so deeply that I could open up a home. A home for people who need a place to live until they can get back on their feet. With around the clock mental health care and resources to help them get out of the hole they’re in financially.
It makes me realize just how incredibly blessed I am. Even in my moments of despair or complete brokenness I still have an amazing support system. They won’t let me slip away. They may not be able to fix what I’m going through in those moments, but their love is enough to let me know I am not alone. I have so much love and support that even in my darkest times, I know there is light around me.
It’s heartbreaking to know some people don’t have this. There is no safety net for them to fall into. In my job, there’s too many in need for me to be that safety net for, and it can get frustrating and overwhelming. This is where my deep wish for a home comes into play.
I think it would be magical to have a large home for the students I come into contact with. Who are facing eviction, are homeless, in between jobs, etc., and just need that “buffer” in between falling and the safety net. Nine times out of ten the individuals are also suffering from mental health challenges and can 100% benefit from therapy.
How beautiful would this community be. Individuals who are receiving care and learning how to get out of this slump and receiving the tools to use to never return. Building community through dinners and gardening and house chores.
One day, Alex. One day.
Happy Sunday! xox
Let’s get random and bullet point today:
- My birthday is in FIVE DAYS. I will be thirty. I’m still not sure how to feel. I go between “Ok, whatever.” to “I’m so excited to experience a new decade!” to “Holy fuck, 3o, dude. I’m dead.”
- I’m getting more and more comfortable with being makeup free and not “dressed up” to go out and not making excuses for how I look or apologizing. I have to run into the grocery store and I’m only wearing leggings and tunic with zero makeup? Who cares! I’m still cute!
- Honey scented anything is my jam (honey? hehe) lately.
- I downloaded Plant Nanny on my phone yesterday and decided to make it a competition between my roomie and I. My plant’s name is Mr. Gold and he’s so cute.
- These past couple of weeks, my coffee is giving me heartburn and I don’t know how to stop it. I don’t understand why all of a sudden coffee kills me?
It’s such a gorgeous day here today! The sun is out, but it’s not hot and it’s breezy. Florida, you ain’t so bad!
Long weekends are cool. Until you’re on your period. You’re already highly sensitive and emotional so now you’re just a ball of exposed nerves. And you’re alone listening to acoustic covers meal prepping for the upcoming work week. Cool.
Except you hear the one song that triggers you to think of him and it’s all over. Why am I hung up on him? Who fucking cares? Keep scrambling the eggs, Alex. Don’t forget to add garlic.
But seriously… what the hell? Why do things seemingly go so well and then we hit that wall. Every. Goddamn. Time. I’m kind. I’m intelligent. I’m funny. I’m so pretty. My personality is amazing. All from his mouth. So why? What about me is so defective that once we come to that part it’s time to jump ship?
I would not have imagined myself here at 29. I would’ve thought I had it together by now. That I learned what I needed to about love and loss and it’s all better and happy and sunshine-y now. It’s humbling. It’s earth shattering. It’s a long weekend with acoustic music playing on loop.
Don’t forget to set the timer, Alex. Those breakfast muffins will be banging. Unlike this.